Monday, August 19, 2013

The Wonderful World of Acrylic, Spankin' New Accessories

For the past month or so, I've been researching different ways to create charms and jewelry.  I love the look and versatility of printed acrylic.  I've been having loads of fun creating these new goodies.

Attack on Titan Colossal Titan Acrylic StrapAttack on Titan Colossal Titan Acrylic Pin
'Pastel no Kyoujin' Colossal Titan Attack on Titan Acrylic Strap and Pin, $5 Each

If you'd told me a month ago that this ridiculous pastel Colossal Titan would be so popular, I'd never have believed you, haha.  Of course I had to make him into some cute accessories!  I've also had requests for this design to be made available as earrings, which I'm currently working on :3.

Fairy Kei Macaron Kitty Hair PinFairy Kei Macaron Kitty Adjustable Ring
 Pastel Pink and Blue Macaron Kitties Hairpin and Adjustable Ring, $5 Each

My Macaron Kitties also received a reincarnation as adorable hairpins and adjustable rings.  I was finally able to find a Hobby Lobby and couldn't resist stocking up on blank jewelry settings and findings.  They also had these tiny grosgrain ribbon bowknots in virtually every color imaginable.  While I'm on the subject, the Hobby Lobby I visited is absolutely huge.  I could have roamed around in there for hours!  It seemed like I was finding something I could use every time I turned a corner.

 Large Pastel Lollipop Candies Adjustable Rings, $5 each

My favorite find, however, has to be these giant pastel candies.  They were originally lollipops with sticks, but I've removed them for the rings and added colorful bows and acrylic stars.  They're coated in iridescent glitter and are actually hollow.  So, even though it's a large statement ring, it's very light.  Making items like these makes me wish I could wear fairy kei every day T_T.

My next acrylic pieces will be Halloween themed!  I've already started designing them and they are absolutely adorable.  Halloween, though, will have to wait until another post!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment