Friday, December 13, 2013

Tiffany Blue, Monster High Custom Rochelle Goyle Repaint

I've gone through a lot of 'favorite' colors over the years, but I have to say that 'Tiffany' blue has probably been the longest running obsession.  I've managed to incorporate it into almost all of my site graphics and logos, haha.  It's such a nice, bright color without being too overwhelming.  Rochelle is one of my favorite girls to repaint because of her hair color combination.   It's so cute, it's hard not to be inspired by this doll.  This particular girl is still available in my Etsy shop.

monster high custom repaint rochelle goyle
'Tiffany,' Custom Monster High Dance Class Rochelle Goyle Repaint

The Dance Class version of Rochelle is undoubtedly my favorite.  I love her bun hairstyle and the dance outfit she wears is just adorable (especially those shoes!).  This particular version was really fun to photograph, I tried out a lot of different ballet inspired poses with her.

monster high custom repaint rochelle goyle

I wound the strands framing her face around a few pipe cleaners with a bit of gel to give them a delicate curl, as though they'd fallen loose while practicing.  Her bangs were also trimmed and restyled. 

If I had one complaint about stock dolls, it's that bangs can turn out atrociously bad sometimes =_=;.  That and TINSEL.  Tinsel is the bane of my existence.  I still have quite a few girls waiting to be worked on, so keep your eyes peeled for new photos!

2 comments: