Friday, December 27, 2013

Attack on Titan GSC Colossus Titan Nendoroid Review and Video Demo

It should come as no surprise that I'm hopelessly addicted to all things Attack on Titan.  I'm not a terribly huge fan of Nendoroids, but I do own a couple.  They're very cute, but I like a larger range of poseability in my figures (like Revoltech and Figma).  However, I've had the Colossus Titan preordered since it first became available, there was absolutely NO way I was passing on this playset.  It's simultaneously one of the cutest and most disturbing figures I own!

Even the packaging was pretty cool, I love the alternate faceplate peeking over the top!

Tons of pieces with smaller Titans, buildings, Survey Corps, and civilians.
The playset comes with everything you need to recreate your own little Shiganshina District, complete with teensy buildings and a removable broken Wall Maria.  The playset also features three of the showcased smaller class titans from the earlier episodes of the anime.



There are two different faceplates for the Colossus Titan.  The 'realistic' version and a super deformed version.  I prefer the super deformed look with the articulated jaws :3.


Unfortunately, as with most Nendoroids, this figure is practically incapable of standing on its own.  I got my hopes up after seeing the beefier feet and legs, but the head is still just too hefty for them to support it.  Although this figure is heavily articulated, the range of motion is still limited by the body, meaning he can't sit properly =_=.  Normally, problems like this would drive me absolutely bonkers, but it's something I knew to be aware of before purchasing.  Honestly, this set is just so cool, it makes up for the shortcomings in poseability.  If you're a huge fan of the show, I definitely recommend giving this set a look :).  You can check out the video demo below to get a better idea of the working parts.  Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment