Friday, July 26, 2013

Toy Fiend Friday: World of Warcraft Arthas, Sindragosa, and Goblin Trike from Megabloks and Blizzard

Had Heather not posted her adorable little Ragerock and Murlocs, I might have never even known about the World of Warcraft Megabloks.  Late to the game again, gosh, what kind of nerd do I even think I am?

Whilst searching ye olde eBay for two more tiny Murlocs to add to my collection (two is a collection, right?  right.), I came across this monster of a set:

Megabloks Arthas the Lich King and Sindragosa
Arthas, the Lich King and Sindragosa, via http://warcraft.megabloks.com
Having not been aware of the existence of a Warcraft Megabloks line, imagine my surprise when I came across this epic set.  I'm in love with Death Knight lore, Arthas is my favorite character.  I play a Death Knight:

Goblin Death Knight in Judgement Recolor Transmog Set with Unborn Val'kyr Battle Pet
Lol, hi, I'm Axelspark.  The Purple Death Knight.

I have a giant, fluffy grey Maine Coon named Arthas (though we call him Artie, for short):

Arthas, the Maine Coon
*fwomp*
How in the world (of Warcraft, hurr) did I miss this?  Blindspots aside, I was elated when I was able to grab this set on eBay for about fifteen bucks.  About an hour later (I'll make no excuses for my inability to follow instructions, I just plain suck at assembly) I ended up with this!

Megabloks World of Warcraft Arthas, the Lich King and Frostmourne
The teeniest little Lich King!
 LOOK AT THAT TINY FROSTMOURNE!  His little helm!  This is the most adorable rendition of Arthas I've ever seen > 3 <!  He's just so tiny T___T~  He looked a little lonely, though, so I tossed in a couple of my Playmobil skeletons to keep him company on his frozen throne.

Lich King Arthas on the Frozen Throne with Skelebuddies
"Who do you want to maim today?"  "I dunno, who do you want to maim?"  Arthas: "DON'T START THAT AGAIN!"
As if a teeny Arthas wasn't frickin' sweet enough, there's this giant ass Sindragosa:

World of Warcraft Megabloks Sindragosa
MYSTIC BUFFET!
I still hate fighting her =_=.  Putting her together was a pain, too.  This will have to do until I sort my priorities and finally get my Frostbrood mount (it's only been... how many years? .__.;).

Before I snagged this set, though, I found the Goblin Trike on clearance at Target for about six bucks.  There was no way in the world I could pass it up.

World of Warcraft Megabloks Goblin Trike
Time is money, friend.
Admittedly, I prefer the look of the Turbo Trike, but I'll take what I can get.  The details on these sets are pretty sweet given that they're comprised of blocks, they even included that kitschy raccoon tail.

World of Warcraft Megabloks Goblin Trike
It's not a bug, it's a feature!
The smaller kits don't come with secret loot, but I did get one with the Lich King set!

World of Warcraft Megabloks Secret Loot Soul Releaser Staff
Soul Releaser Secret Loot
I was hoping for a Judgement Helm or Shard of Azzinoth, but I guess I'll just have to keep trying!



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, how I've missed Toy Fiend Fridays (well, your toy posts)... and MWAHAHAHAHA, Megablooooock WoW now inhabits quite a lot of my desk. I've given them domain over my MAC Mini... where they control all of the informations and have to battle with my larger WoW figures for space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEE! Hehe, thank you SO much for telling me about these! I really wanna find the little creature packs :3. I'm running out of room for my smaller figures again, though. Guess I'll just haaaave to get more shelves!

      Delete